We are looking for a part-time Program Director to manage and develop our non-profit organization, providing leadership and implementing policies and programs to carry out our work. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the ReCARES Program Director has overall business administration and operational management responsibility for accomplishing ReCARES’ mission. This position oversees three site leaders in Oakland, San Francisco, and Marin.
This is an independent contractor position. The position is approximately 20-30 hours a week. Compensation is commensurate with experience and qualifications, ranging between $25-$35 per hour. Administrative duties, which constitute the majority of this position, are managed remotely, though occasional visits to the three ReCARES sites will be warranted.
The Program Director will oversee the current program and research ways to grow the organization to further meet community needs in accordance with our mission. Duties include:
- Lead fundraising by developing a fundraising plan, administering grants, managing year-end individual giving, and maintaining donor database.
- Manage organizational finances: pay bills and invoices, deposit donations, prepare annual budget, and supervise bookkeeper to categorize expenses and produce reports.
- Manage nonprofit administrative tasks such as preparing annual tax filings, negotiating contracts and agreements, and maintaining insurance.
- Develop and implement short and long-term program goals.
- Improve volunteer training and orientation processes to support volunteers in collaboration with site managers.
- Recruit and hire additional contractors as necessary (eg. bookkeeper, grant writer, admin assistant) to meet program goals.
- Purchase supplies, marketing materials, equipment, and other program expenses as needed.
- Deepen and refine communications between sites, volunteers, donors, and recipients.
- Update web and social media presence to maximize community outreach.
- Act as a liaison to create effective collaboration and partnerships with other community groups.
- Run quarterly board meetings and effectively engage the Board of Directors to utilize their talents/skills to support the ReCARES mission.
- At least two years of non-profit business administration and/or experience related to public health/healthcare issues
- Leadership and supervisory experience
- Strong and clear communication (both verbal and in writing) skills
- Interpersonal skills, such as conflict resolution and boundary setting
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or commensurate work experience in relevant field (eg. social work or healthcare)
- Commitment to the ReCARES mission, including a strong belief in the importance of preventing waste by diverting valuable resources for reuse
- Comfortable with Google Suite, Quickbooks, and WordPress a plus
- Bilingual a plus
The physical demands listed below are representative of those that must be met by an employee in this position. Some accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to succeed in the role:
- Typing, writing, reading, hearing, and speaking
- Standing and walking for several hours, as well as sitting, squatting, and lifting up to 30 lbs
To apply, email resumes to apply@recares .org
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Overview of ReCARES
ReCARES is a small local community benefit and environmental 501(c)3 non-profit organization with a mission of decreasing environmental waste and increasing access to medical equipment and supplies in the community. Every week, volunteers at our three Bay Area sites accept no-longer-needed durable medical equipment and supplies, and pass them on to local seniors, people with disabilities, and individuals who might have difficulty affording such items. The walkers, wheelchairs, adult diapers, medical supplies, and many other items we provide free of charge, help individuals and families with their healthcare, mobility, and safety needs while preventing tons of waste from going to landfills. ReCARES distributes over 10,000 medical supplies and personal care items to over 5,000 Bay Area residents every year.